As the operator of Australia’s only National Helpline that supports families affected by perinatal mental illness, PANDA has developed a unique understanding of the mental health vulnerabilities of families in the perinatal period.
PANDA Clinical Champions network are clinicians and experts working in the perinatal space, who in some cases, may also have a lived experience of perinatal anxiety or depression.
Through PANDA's community and clinical engagment framework, Clinical Champions assist us with:
- Position statements and recommendation papers on key issues relevant to perinatal mental health in Australia
- Service planning, design and innovation
- Public health (awareness raising) campaign
- Community and health professional education programs
- Parent and health professional resources
- Understanding of systemic barriers to perinatal mental health care, to inform our work and others
- Government approaches
You can apply to be a PANDA Clinical Champion by completing the application form.